Many have a clear idea where they want to go in 2016, but not many have a plan or know what completion or success looks like. When we don’t see the fruit of our labor quickly we give up and move on to something new. What you are doing is missing out on the opportunity to do something GREAT! Have you identified what success or completion will look like? Don’t move on to another assignment or task without completing the one you started. We are all guilty of this. Sometimes it is because it gets hard, progress is slow, boredom, lack of focus, and distractions from DREAM THIEVES. Dream Thieves talk you out of focusing on your goals and dreams because they don’t believe in them or they want them for themselves. Be careful who you allow to be in your circle.
A few tips to focus on in order to see
FRUIT and PROGRESS
1. Seize the moment to act on your goals. Given how busy most of us are, and the many goals we are juggling, it’s not surprising that we miss opportunities to act on a goal. This is due to failing to notice them. Did you really have no time to work on your dream today? Achieving your goal means grabbing hold of all opportunities before they pass you by.
2. Know exactly how far you have left to go. Achieving any goal also requires honest and regular monitoring of your progress. Have a time weekly to review how far you have to go. This is based on your outcome. This could be the amount of money you want to make (financial goal), number of writing assignments completed, or increased customer base. You determine what that outcome is.
3. Have grit. Grit is a willingness to commit to long-term goals, and to persist in the face of difficulty. When it gets hard you don’t give up and start another project. PUSH THROUGH WHEN IT’S HARD!
4. Commit to a process, not a goal. Choosing a goal puts a huge burden on your shoulders. Can you imagine if I had made it my goal to write 5 books this year? Just writing that sentence stresses me out. We place unnecessary stress on ourselves especially during the New Year. Make sure you have realistic goals and expectation based on your skills, abilities, and resources.
5. Get a Coach or support system. Everyone needs a coach or support system to cheer him or her on. Don’t be a Lone-Ranger because you will just frustrate yourself and have a difficult time being successful. Talk to any successful businessperson, athlete, student, and entertainer and they will give you a list of people that helped them.
If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Frederick Douglass
Stay Focused on your project or business so that you can see the fruit of your labor! Yolanda Conley Shields
FOLLOW YOLANDA - Twitter Facebook Instagram YES Builds